That's the final release
Today Minbif 1.0 is released! This final version is as stable as possible, and include the following features:
- Minbif uses a library which abstracts all IM calls, and has several plugins to support more than 15 IM protocols (IRC included!);
- Two modes: inetd and daemon fork;
- Only IRC commands are used to control Minbif;
- Certificates check;
- Buddies are IRC users;
- Each account has a status channel. You see in all connected buddies, and their status on it;
- Add and remove buddies from list with /INVITE and /KICK commands;
- Blocked users are bans on the account's status channel;
- Display when a buddy is typing a message;
- Can chat with someone who is not in your buddy list;
- You can see buddies' icons (with libcaca) or download them;
- DCC SEND an image to set your icon on IM networks;
- Display extended information about buddies with /WII command;
- Support away messages;
- Can send and receive files, which are sent or received to/from your IRC client with DCC SEND;
- Conversation channels are supported;
- Auto-rejoin conversation channels at connection;
- Display list of channels on an IM account with /LIST;
- irssi scripts to increase your user experience of minbif;
- CACAcam (webcam in ascii art).
- CoinCoin plugin for libpurple.
ChangeLog from previous rc2 release is:
- Global proxy settings with the /ADMIN command.
- Ability to set parameters when joining a conversation channel.
- /STATS c: display all available parameters of a specific account.
- Transliteration of buddies' IRC nicknames.
- Handle mIRC format chars when sending a message.
- gayattitude: new prpl-plugin.
- coincoin: improvment.
- accounts: fix auto-reconnection.
- Fix: remove a status channel when there isn't any associated account.
- Fix: fix crash when rehashing twice.
- Fix: memory leaks.
Now we're on the 1.1 road!